Undepletable oxy sensor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you please elaborate?
To measure pressures in the 300bar range, those transducers substantially increase the cost of the device, by at least 200 euros.
And I want to keep the device as portable as possible.

1) With CO, O2, and He sensors, I figured you are going for full analysis, pressure is one aspect.
2) To stabilize and adjust flow, and orifice followed by a valve will probably make sense.
3) If you shut off the valve, a tank-side port will allow pressure detection.
4) Port /sensor could be as simple as an spg stuck into a "T", but having full digital analysis would be nice - Maybe not 200-euros nice ...

So, to continue my venture on this analyzer, I decided to create a new thread on a more appropriate section found here

Cheers

Even the optical sensors wear out. We have trialled them for dissolved oxygen measurement at my work.

Scaling or dirt on the measurement surface can still be an issue, and as others have pointed out, they generally don't perform as well at high oxygen concentrations.

The advantages for us though is that they are a dry sensor without the need for electrolyte (though we are measuring oxygen in solution rather than gas phase)

Even the optical sensors wear out. We have trialled them for dissolved oxygen measurement at my work.

Scaling or dirt on the measurement surface can still be an issue, and as others have pointed out, they generally don't perform as well at high oxygen concentrations.

The advantages for us though is that they are a dry sensor without the need for electrolyte (though we are measuring oxygen in solution rather than gas phase)
What is "high oxygen concentrations" in this case? Are you seeing issues at PO2's in the 0.1-3.0 range that's relevant to diving?

As for developing something to sell commercially - i agree that a meter that tested for O2, He, and CO would be valuable and I would buy it even if it were slightly more expensive than the existing O2/He meters. Being a pressure checker as well would be neat.

Back
Top Bottom