Under Pressure Diving open spots, site update, & report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptJT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone

There are some spots available for the month of June

June 4&5 there is one spot open the goal is to dive the Far East Tanker contact Karen Flynn karenflynn@cablespeed.com Atlantic Wreck Divers
June 13-16 contact Capt JT rec. depth
June 20-24 Monitor Expedition two spots open
June 25&26 a couple spots available rec.depth contact Richmond Dive Club -=- Lets Go Divin'! Jim Dacey jamesdacey@mac.com or Capt JT

Here is the report from this past weekend dives.
Sat we headed out to the Dixie Arrow as a couple of divers requested something around 90-100ft to shake out cobwebs. Vis was an easy 65-70ft and temp was 74 on top and 72 on the bottom. A two degree thermocline gee where did it happen. lol We did two dives there as the sea life was awesome. First time I have see so many large red snapper as the season on them is closed. We all were very happen with the dives and the next day we would push on to the Proteus.
Sun we departed around 7am to light winds and flat seas, we arrived about 30 min ahead of the other two dive boats coming and were finishing up as they arrived. Vis was an easy 70-100ft depending on who you asked and if they had fog in their mask. lol temps 74 top to bottom. We were hooked in the engine and everyone made the trip to the stern which is the most interesting place. After our dive I opted to put out a few lines and troll to the DA stern. Before I could get all the lines out we were hooked up with our first mahi mahi and in the box he went. Later 3 more of his buddies would join him making the divers a happy bunch with extra fun and meat for dinner. A really great day!
Sunday night Monday
Once back at the dock Nancy had requested a night dive for her birthday (May 30) so I had made it a staff dive day for Monday. We departed just before sunset and headed to the DA for a night dive, wanting to avoid the mass of sharks found on the Proteus as they tend to get frisky at night. Well it made little difference at the DA as soon as we hit the wreck a small male sandtiger was all worked up over a dead fish stuck in the wreck and bumped into each of us. Nancy said the hell with that......LMAO
We stayed the night and some did a morning dive and we moved to the Abrams to check out the conditions. We trolled there only hooking one mahi mahi and losing him at the boat. Once on the wreck I went in to tie in and man the conditions were great 70ft vis warm and more fish than both the DA and Proteus put together. I came back and told Nancy and she went down and did some shell collecting..... she was happy.

After each dive the divers were treated to a lift on the boat, not found on any other dive boat around. The Under Pressure is fitted with a custom diver lift.....dive ladders are a thing of the past. Here is a video of the divers coming back after the OV dive
YouTube - JT'S NEW LIFT PLATFORM 5-1-11

We had added pages to last year 2010 and last few weekend of dives this year 2011 Capt JT's Photo Gallery
We have also added video of the diver lift and the Monster Lobster release in Va to the video page Under Pressure Dive Videos

Enjoy and dive safe
Capt JT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom