under wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobdog

New
Reaction score
I realize there are lots of differences in what folks where under their wetsuits (e.g. skivies, bikini, t-shirt, Lycra, dive skins, etc.), but I'm trying to just get a quick sample and the reasons why.

So, what do YOU where under your wetsuit and why?

Dirt

bikini for the surface interval. Glad I am not a guy, the board shorts look wadded up.

Depends on the suit and the water temp. The colder the water, the tighter the suit. If real cold, I try not to wear anything.

bobdog:
I realize there are lots of differences in what folks where under their wetsuits (e.g. skivies, bikini, t-shirt, Lycra, dive skins, etc.), but I'm trying to just get a quick sample and the reasons why.

So, what do YOU where under your wetsuit and why?

Dirt
I wear UnderArmor for the exact reason that Catherine98621 mentions earlier in the thread. I don't want to end up talking a few octaves higher.

Board shorts. Live in Hawaii so no need to change plus I usually hit the beach after diving anyways. Don't really have a problem with the shorts wadding up, I just half mast my suit and pull them back down.

dherbman:
Depends on the suit and the water temp. The colder the water, the tighter the suit. If real cold, I try not to wear anything.

That's more than we needed to know :)

Paul in Vt

ronbeau:
I wear UnderArmor for the exact reason that Catherine98621 mentions earlier in the thread. I don't want to end up talking a few octaves higher.

whats underarmor? are those those silky green microfiber undies they wear under cammis in combat?

In very cold water, like 36 degree water, I wear a layer of polypropylene on top of a layer of underarmor. Both of these wick perspiration away from the skin and works really well. If I am diving in moderate temperatures I wear a pair of regular swim shorts and a t-shirt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom