Undercurrent Magazine - Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thinking about subscribing. Is it worth the $3.95 a month?

Easily; no advertising; great information; useful travel/destination information.

I've been a subscriber for 3 years or so, and always look forward to my new Undercurrents; the mainstream "Scuba" slick mags are merely vehicles for advertising.

IMO

:coffee:

Agreed, the lack of advertising is appreciated. They also have articles on safety, health, accidents and gear recalls that are helpful.

If you travel to dive, it is a great planning tool.

I've gotten it for years so I guess I think so. Often they feature destinations you may never get to but still good reading, and things for the wishlist. The chapbook is not as useful as is used to be before you could easily find lots of reviews on the net, but it's still helpful sometimes.

It has saved me hundreds if not thousands of $$'s in my dive travels by steering me the right direction. I haven't used a travel agent in four years. I am not sure I would have the confidence to "go it alone" without Undercurrent and also their chapbook.

Dave

I have been taking it for years. I particularly like the Chapbook that they send out at the end of the year with reader reports on resorts, hotels and dive ops around the world. A great travel planning tool to anyplace you have not been too.

Back
Top Bottom