Undercurrent newsletter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CathyI8205

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone subscribe to the Undercurrent newsletter? What's your opinion of it?

I do..It is OK.

I also subscribe and thought it was the price just for access to the accident articles. They also have a huge collection of trip reports called "The Travellers Chapbook".

This same question was posed a few weeks ago and several people agreed with the "I like it" or "it's so-so" statements.

I used to receive the hard copy years ago, and now just subscribe as an online user. I have always found it interesting, not to mention that the Travelers Chapbook (which has unbiasad user comments) is very helpful to me and my dive friends.

Maria

I'm an online subscriber. I had a great time reading all the dive reports for the last three years, in about 30 days. The reports are typically very specific and detailed. Of course, the problem is that once you have 'caught up', the pace of the new posts is slow. Oh well-- no system is perfect. My philosophy is that, compared to all the information assembled, it is not that expensive. Plus, SOMEONE has to spend the time to organize and maintain the site-- my .02

Yep. I enjoy it also. It has some good trip reports (the good and not-so-good) and some good news pieces. The Chapbook is also very good if you want accounts of dive resorts and/or operations just about all over the world.

Yes, I subscribe. I think it is a good source for subjective information from the average consumer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom