Undercurrent.Org -- Worth The Subscription?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiegoDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone subscribe to the print and/or electronic newsletter from undercurrent.org?

Opinions? Worth the money or not?

Thanks.

I subscribe......it is expensive but I have used the resources (online, chapbook) to make decisions on diving locations and the info was always on target.

However, you can probably get some good feedback here on the same issues. It is really a matter of choice.

DiegoDiver:
Anyone subscribe to the print and/or electronic newsletter from undercurrent.org?

Opinions? Worth the money or not?

Thanks.

I've been a subscriber for several years. I enjoy reading the reviews of people that I have not met who use the same operators that I do and seeing that they also received excellent service.

As a member you can post reviews of your trips; the great, the good, the bad and the ugly. I have also posted reviews about my trips.

I also like the reviews about operators that I have not used but may in the future. They're usually more detailed than what someone may want to post on the board.

I wish that I had been a subscriber about 6 years ago when I went to the Cayman Islands. The operation had changed hands about a year earlier but had kept the name. The previous owner was well respected and ran a very solid operation.

The new corporate owner(s) did nothing to impress our group of 10 veteran divers. We had a member of our group who couldn't dive and just wanted to ride on the boat. With room to spare they charged for a divemaster as no one could stay on the boat alone since the everyone including the captain would be diving.

These are things that you read about in detail and it's just reassuring when you start spending your money. If a dive operator has several bad reviews it should be a warning to look elsewhere.

It is expensive. For me its worth it though. Its pretty insightful and a good resource. I justify it by the fact that the reviews could steer me to just the right boat that will improve my experience for any given trip. Could I get the same info here - maybe. But I've found that most of the reviews are pretty accurate

menemsha43:
It is expensive. For me its worth it though. Its pretty insightful and a good resource. I justify it by the fact that the reviews could steer me to just the right boat that will improve my experience for any given trip. Could I get the same info here - maybe. But I've found that most of the reviews are pretty accurate

I have an offer for $33.00. Doesn't seem that pricey. I think it might be worth it for a decent resource.

Thanks

It's O K... Not much more. Teensy weensy bit political (divingwise). But somewhat useful. I'd give it a 6/10.

Yeah - for 33$ it's worth it just for the entertainment value. Many of the people who submit reviews complain about all kinds of things and reading their stories is pretty entertaining.

I really like having the Chapbooks in my "library". I've consulted them on many instances to get information about potential dive ops and destinations. I try to contribute my experiences as well to hopefully help someone in the future, but I also remember when I read that these are people OPINIONS and as such I may or may not always agree.

Back
Top Bottom