Undergarment to accompany Bare T100 for cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KGNickl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Bare T100. Which I'm happy with for for 99% of the diving I do. However, I want to be able to go down to 40-45 without buying another undergarment. My T100 works fine for anything 50-65 and Even 45-50 as long as its less than a 30 minutes at that temp.

I want to pick up something to wear under the T100 from Bass Pro Shop or Cabellas that will allow me to take my T100 down to 40-45 degree water and have minimal bulk. Any recommendations? I saw they have various types of Polartec but I'm not sure as to which is the best? I would hate to guess and later find out there was another item that would have better better.

Also I don't really want to buy another complete scuba undergarment at this time. Maybe next year around tax return time... For Now I just want a $50-$100 item to throw under my T100.

Last edited:
I use a pioneer brand micro fleece. Divetank use to carry them but DT is no longer in business. I think it is something around 75g and it works for under my 100. I have used it down to low 40's and am fine. Usually finger get cold first.

This may not be quite enough for you, but I wear Under Armour Cold Gear. It definitely helps me stay warmer for colder dives. Since it is the end of the winter season you may be able to pick some up on sale.

I always use Cabela's MTP Polartec Polarweight Crew Top and Polarweight Drawers as my first layer. I'd say they are approximately 100g weight. They're quite effective as a wicking and air-trapping layer, IMO. Easy to launder and long lasting. I like 'em. Less than $40 each.

My main garments are either Weezle Extreme Plus for temps below 40F or Cabela's 300 weight Polartec jacket and pants for temps 40F to 60F or Cabela's 200 weight Polartec above 60F.

My dives are often 90 minutes or more and I like to be real warm. This works for me. :)

Pics and links follow. HTH.

Dave C

Cabela's MTP Polartec&#174 Polar-Weight Crew Top - Regular

Cabela's MTP Polartec&#174 Polar-Weight Drawers - Regular

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom