"Underwater! (1955 Film) by John Sturges"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trapezus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am lokking for this film DVD . Underwater (1955) by John Sturges. Gilbert Roland and Jane Russel.
Underwater! (1955)

99 min - Adventure | Drama -
Dominic Quesada and Johnny Gray, two SCUBA divers searching for sunken treasure off the coast of Cuba, think they've hit the jackpot when they find a 17th century ship on the sea floor.
I prefer region 2. I cann't find in ebay,Amazon,IMDB and Spanish DVD sites.

I can not assist you with finding the film "Underwater" but I can relate some personal experiences with you.
Jane Russell lived the last part of her life on the Central coast of California in a town called Santa Maria. She lived across the street from a social friend so I saw her on occasion and got to know her rather well. In contrast to the current Hollywood stars she was a very reserved religious hospitable lady who was unimpressed with her Hollywood career.
During the later part of her long life she required a live assistant.
On occasion, mostly at social functions I am in contact with her daughter in law Etta who is active in Santa Maria politics and social events. I seldom see her son Bucky Waterfield who generally remains out of the spot light.
John Sturges, married my cousin Bob's ex-wife, Cathy. They lived in a small beach community in Baja California, Mexico, until John's health declined They moved back to the US settling in San Luis Obispo, which is about 30 miles north of where Miss Russell resided. In contrast to his wild movies John lived a quite life in retirement keeping to himself and seldom socializing. He passed away quietly about 15 years ago. It has been some time since I had contact with Cathy..
Now you know!
SDM

Dear Sam Miller , you are a real treasure for us. Thank you very much for your information.I will search him.
Will be a great honor for me to meet you.Best Regards.

I seem to recall seeing this movie years ago and it was pretty awful. Not sure this is the one where the bubbles from the hard hat divers are actually soap bubbles as the underwater scenes were filmed above water. At least Jane Russell was easy on the eyes!

I seem to recall seeing this movie years ago and it was pretty awful. Not sure this is the one where the bubbles from the hard hat divers are actually soap bubbles as the underwater scenes were filmed above water. At least Jane Russell was easy on the eyes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I suspect you are confusing two different movies with underwater as part of their title.

t\The 1955 movie "Underwater" was filmed underwater in Hawaii and on a Hollywood back lot. The actors actually dove underwater, but not too deep

The 1962 movie "Underwater City" was filmed top side and artificial bubbles were displayed. There was no diving. I believe Dawn Adams was the female lead,

Suggest that you do further research on these movies

If you have access to 1950s & 1960s the American Skin Diver Magazine you can read several articles about producing these two movies

SDM

Could be, I am trying to recall movies seen over 35 years ago!

Underwater-1955= 58 years ago

Underwater City 1962= 51 years ago

A tad more than 35 years.

It is very important to remember history and record it but more important to remember history and record it correctly!

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom