Underwater Camera's withHD video ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toastman

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any for $500 or less? I want to buy the g11 but now i am told the video quality isn't superb.
what point and shoot camera would you guys recommend that has HD video ??

Thanks !

Panasonic LX3 is pretty similar in performance to the Canon G11 and S90, but also does HD video. $368 in silver body. http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_LX3/

Amazon.com: Panasonic DMC-LX3S 10.1MP Digital Camera with 2.5x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Silver): Electronics

Housing is more expensive than the Canon or Ikelite G11 housing, and I'm thinking that you cannot use the internal flash.

10Bar Housing for Panasonic LX3 Camera - Optical Ocean Sales Underwater Photo - 800-359-1295!

Cheaper but lower quality photos is the Panasonic ZS3, which can be had with a Panasonic housing for about $500 total. http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ7_ZS3/

There are several other cheap cameras that do HD, but most of them seem to have smaller sensors.

I would vote for the soon to be out Panasonic LS7. Picture quality is not as good, but from the HD samples I have seen, does a wonderful job...with housing, should be around that price.

I would vote for the soon to be out Panasonic LS7. Picture quality is not as good, but from the HD samples I have seen, does a wonderful job...with housing, should be around that price.

Funny enough, I see the housing on eBay as being available from Japan, but I haven't seen the camera itself available, except by "pre-order".

I've been looking for the same thing. Too bad the S90 doesn't have HD video.

The panasonic is really interesting but that housing is pretty expensive.

I'd like to find a cannon SD series that has HD, is wide angle, and has a cheap canon housing availible.

I think you will find that Panasonic does a much better job with HD than cannon does...and I shoot Cannon...

Back
Top Bottom