Underwater color corrector app for Ipad or iphone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool thanks. But is a bit buggy, when loading the pictures on iphone it keeps searching, worked in the beginning but when going out of the app and coming back is like searching and searching.

Okay, thanks for the feedback :). Works 99% of the time for me, and even better if I grant the app access to fewer photos/videos. but I admittedly haven't tested it on more than 2 different devices.

Completely closing the app (rather than going out and coming back) should at least temporarily mitigate the issue, but that's a rather sad workaround, and I'll make it a top priority for myself to improve this!

Okay, thanks for the feedback :). Works 99% of the time for me, and even better if I grant the app access to fewer photos/videos. but I admittedly haven't tested it on more than 2 different devices.

Completely closing the app (rather than going out and coming back) should at least temporarily mitigate the issue, but that's a rather sad workaround, and I'll make it a top priority for myself to improve this!
I switched off my iphone and seems to be working now. Cool.

In my never ending search for easy underwater color correction I downloaded the SeaReal App yesterday to my iPhone 13 PRO Max.

Grabbed a few pics and applied the simple slider and it works pretty well!

I'm a still shooter primarily so haven't tried it on video clips yet.

I am an all Apple user: iPhone, MacBook Air and iMac. I've used Apple's FREE Photos App (previously iPhoto) and the current Photos App is 90+% of Apple's previous PRO program Aperture. It's easy, seamless whether on your laptop, desktop or iPhone.

One thing the SeaReal App doesn't do is allow you to search your Photos library by Year, Month, Day or Albums like you can with the Apple Photos App.

Once I figured out how to hold down the little slider bar it takes you back to all photos you scroll faster, but.......if you have thousands of photos from trips over several years it can be a bit cumbersome.

Perhaps updates will fix this......

I'll likely pay the PayWall (one time) to remove the SeaReal watermark.

When I tried cropping it out AFTER applying color correction and other edits back in Photos the resulting image was all skewed, etc.

I understand and agree the developer has to protect his App unless purchasing the one time PayWall watermark removal feature so not a big deal.

For many folks this might be the ticket to easy shooting in typical tropical conditions most ocean sport divers visit :)

David Haas
Haas Photography Inc.

IMG_5034.jpegIMG_5035.jpegIMG_5037.jpegIMG_5042.jpegIMG_5044.jpegIMG_5056.jpegIMG_5057.jpegIMG_5058.jpegIMG_5061.jpegIMG_5065.jpeg

In my never ending search for easy underwater color correction I downloaded the SeaReal App yesterday to my iPhone 13 PRO Max.

Grabbed a few pics and applied the simple slider and it works pretty well!

I'm a still shooter primarily so haven't tried it on video clips yet.

I am an all Apple user: iPhone, MacBook Air and iMac. I've used Apple's FREE Photos App (previously iPhoto) and the current Photos App is 90+% of Apple's previous PRO program Aperture. It's easy, seamless whetert on your laptop, desktop or iPhone.

One thing the SeaReal App doesn't do is allow you to search your Photos library by Year, Month, Day or Albums like you can with the Apple Photos App.

Once I figured out how to hold down the little slider bar it takes you back to all photos you scroll faster, but.......if you have thousands of photos from trips over several years it can be a bit cumbersome. Perhaps updates will fix this......

I'll likely pay the PayWall (one time) to remove the SeaReal watermark.

When I tried cropping it out AFTER applying color correction and other edits back in Photos the resulting image was all skewed, etc.

I understand and agree the developer has to protect his App unless purchasing the one time PayWall watermark removal feature so not a big deal.

For many folks this might be the ticket to easy shooting in typical tropical conditions most ocean sport divers visit :)

David Haas
Haas Photography Inc.

View attachment 773591View attachment 773592View attachment 773593View attachment 773594View attachment 773595View attachment 773596View attachment 773597View attachment 773598View attachment 773599View attachment 773600
Those pictures were taken with a normal underwater camera, right ? I am just wondering why no 3rd party software intended for the mac ( I am an Apple user aswell, mbp 2021 14" with the top max specs but with 2T space), just can't do automatically the same thing for UW pictures ? Or is there an option ?
I use Gimp and all the Topaz software which are of incredible value to sharpen the pictures.

Most taken with my iPhone except the whale pic. That one was shot with a Sony RX100 VII, Fantasea housing and imported to my iPhone. I tried every program (I don't have Adobe Lightroom and won't pay for it) but a friend used it and got the whale color pretty close. Nothing as good as this SeaReal App though :)

Some other Sony camera shots imported to iPhone seemed to crash the SeaReal App after color correcting and trying to save. I haven't tried some of my Canon G7X II compact 1" sensor camera pics yet.......

All the iPhone files work seamlessly saving your edited version in a non-destructive copy. I don't shoot RAW and am not sure how that might effect the App when color correcting. Next trip I'll try some RAW iPhone files and see how it handles them.

Being lazy I want quick easy color correction right on my iPhone so I can share nice pics immediately :)

David Haas

Google announced their enhanced photo editing tools are free to Google One subscribers (and to any Pixel owners) so i've been toying around with it on my iPad and iPhone, pretty impressive and free!

Been running stuff through there then going over to Affinity Photo on my iPad. On my MBP exploring Luminar Neo (lifetime license) and liking the results so far.

Google announced their enhanced photo editing tools are free to Google One subscribers (and to any Pixel owners) so i've been toying around with it on my iPad and iPhone, pretty impressive and free!

Been running stuff through there then going over to Affinity Photo on my iPad. On my MBP exploring Luminar Neo (lifetime license) and liking the results so far.
Yes but still no automatic option to correct the UW white balance in a simple click with those 3rd part software on the mac.

Yes but still no automatic option to correct the UW white balance in a simple click with those 3rd part software on the mac.
Never claimed they were, just cool new(er) tools that run in the Mac ecosystems. It does involve a few more button clicks but found that in particular Luminar (which runs natively on Mac M series chips) does produce better results than Dive+ or SeaReel. Tends to be about 5 or 6 clicks for me, AI upscaling & sharpening, and then an easy white balance adjustment. SeaReel and Dive+ aren't bad to see if there is something in the photo worth spending the time on or for a quick message to a friend, but I don't think much past that personally. It's the happy medium between Dive+ and say Lightroom/Affinity/Photoshop. Obviously not for everyone, just posting some interesting findings for others should they wander into this thread.

I am afraid my mid 2012 mbp won't follow very well this software despite having 1T of storage and almost full with 16G of RAM, I am actually waiting for the next high level entry of M1 MBP with 32G of RAM and 2T of storage.
That's the reason for the moment I am more looking for less power hungry softwares till I get my new one.
I am unable to run the free version of DaVinci Resolve 18 on my older Win 10 PC, insufficient graphics resources

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom