Underwater housing for Canon G3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Digideep lists several different housings for that camera. None of them are cheap. For what you are going to pay for one of those housings you could buy a new camera and housing. Some of the newer Canons, you can get a camera and housing for around $400.

I have almost the same problem because I would like to buy the Canon Powershot G5. 5 mpixel instead of 4mpixel. Bigger zoom.

If you go on http://www.digideep.com you will find many info you need.

Looking around the net I found that the best housing letting you go deeper than 40 m is the 10bar housing (www.10bar.com). With that one you will be able also to take picture without external strobe. I wrote them and quoted me the housing for $ 550 excluded shipping.

Following is what they offered me:
------------------------------
We are now offering the 10 Bar Underwater Housing for G3/G5 at a newly promotion price of US$550. We also provide an inexpensive but with good result optional light set for G3/G5 as follow:

--FH : The light head is integrated with the Battery Module in one unit and is the simplest and easiest handling choice. The whole unit can be mounted to the flexible or ball joint arm. Cost US$217.9
Suggest setting:
Stay Slot (for single light) US$22 or Stay Slot 2X (for double light) & US$24
Flex Arm 30 US$22

--MC and MS: The light head is connected by cable (MC with curl cable; MS with straight cable). It is more flexible for the mounting and carrying. The battery module can be either kept in the BCD pocket or mounted under the housing and the light head can be hold in hand or mount to the flexible or ball joint arm. Cost US$240
Suggest setting:
Stay Slot 2X NT US$35
Flex Arm 30 US$22
Connector 2X NT US$36

--Epoque strobe ES-150
Power supply: AA alkaline batteries or Nicad-batteries x2
Syncro type: Slave type
Water-tight: 45m
Weight: 270g
Cost: US$167

Suggest setting:
Stay Slot (for single light) US$22 or Stay Slot 2X (for double light) & US$24
Flex Arm 30 US$22

The prices are freight on board HK, a small air parcel for normal post (deliver in 2 weeks) and for speedpost (1 week). Payment can be by postal order, remittance to our bank or bank draft payable to Scuba Network Ltd. or AmExpress Card A/C.

You may directly buy from us via email.

Regards,
Ada
10Bar Underwater Housings
Unit B, 19-23 Ming Yuen Western St., North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: 852-25733228, 82000772 Fax: 852-28119180
-------------------------

this German website is offering the 10bar housing at € 639.
http://www.nautilus-equipment.de

Let me know your decision and prices you might find. I am waiting an answer from 10bar before buying it.
Ciao and good luck for the search

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom