Underwater Photo "Walk"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danclem

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What: First Underwater Photo Walk!

Where: Edmonds Underwater Park/Bruce Higgins Trail System

When: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 5:00 PM

The National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) approved our application for an "underwater walk" as part of the third annual Scott Kelby Photowalk. This year there will be over 900 photo walks around the world, with over 32,000 photographers taking part.

And the Edmonds Underwater Park is currently the only "walk" for underwater photographers. The plan is to meet between 5:00-5:30 PM, with a high tide splash down around 6:15 PM. Edmonds Underwater Sports, just south of the Park, has offered the use of their facility for a BBQ and image post processing after the dive.

Prizes range from $250 for Honorable Mention to $1,000 for the Grand Prize winner. One of the best walk-aways will be the chance to meet and socialize with other underwater photographers.

For more information, contact Dan Clements at 425.418.8755, or sign up directly at:

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/edmonds-wa-united-states/

I feel a little stupid asking, but is the idea to actually walk underwater? Or is it walk above water and then go diving.

For those who dive, this will be an underwater photo shoot where we swim to and around subjects. We will leave walking to those on the beach.

Thanks Dan,

It was nice talking to you yesterday at the LDS. If my calender allows I'll definitely try to make it. Especially if I have my camera rig put together by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom