Underwater Pictures With My G9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like there is a detachable macro lense for the Ikelite housing. THis may be the way to go for me since I can remove it underwater to go wide angle. Not sure how it will affrect depth of field but looks worth a try for $288. Now lets see, which kidney am I going to sell to get this set up right?

I'm actually headed to the Bahamas aboard the Nekton Pilot Livaboard in early September for a week, and I'll even be able to dive my rebreather as well, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what results I can get with my setup in the cystal clear blue waters of the Bahamas.

Adrian

Great photos!

One off topic comment/question. I have been on 4 Nekton cruises, I did not know that they allow/support rebreathers.

Great photos!

One off topic comment/question. I have been on 4 Nekton cruises, I did not know that they allow/support rebreathers.

Thanks for the compliment Jaydiver!

I do not think the Nekton Pilot supports rebreathers, however, I am going on a trip setup by a friend of mine who made advanced arrangements and is marketing the trip to rebreather divers. On the trip, he will be providing boosted O2, diluent, pony bottles and sorb for anyone booking the trip through him.

Adrian
I currently have the ikelite housing with 1 - DS125 strobe. I have posted a few photos using WA from Socorro. On my recent Cocos trip, I was very frustrated with the WA because I just couldn't get the settings right - it's very dark down there. I actually ended up shooting some video (in the light accent mode because I didn't have a red filter) and the video, I think, was better than my pictures, although mostly in black and white. I did manage to get a few good photos and much to my surprise my night dive photos have turned out to be the best.

Nonie

Back
Top Bottom