Underwater show on PBS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IanK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Those of us around the Sacramento area may be interested in a show on KVIE 6 (PBS channel) on June 1 at 8pm. The title is "Under the Sea with Al Giddings"; it promises to show 30 years of underwater film making. Probably will show up on Bay Area PBS as well some time. I do not know of Al Giddings. Any one have information on him?

He'd been in the Bay Area photo scene since way before I was a lab tech at Rapid Color in SF back in the 70s, when he used to have some of his stuff processed there.

Al Giddings Images

He was the original (I believe) owner of Bamboo Reef and an awesome diver that contributed a great amount.

Al Giddings is a long-time presence in the underwater community. He has been called the greatest American underwater cinematographer and the American Cousteau. His movie credits go back to the mid 70's and include The Deep, The Abyss, For Your Eyes Only, etc. He and Dr. Sylvia Earle were partners in a variety of projects starting in the 1970's. I don't have to explain who she is... do I?

Thanks for the heads up on this on IanK. I am going to have to set the ole' tivo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom