underwater suicide From undercurrent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so sad that the total death count went up from the recovery. . . not the way it's ment to be.

and no answers.

Suicide with a knife? Possible, but not very likely. Wouldn't you slit your wrists if that was your intent?

The real tragedy is that they lost another trying to get the body back.

cdiver2 once bubbled...
Wound to the chest but knife found near by, what did he do push it in then pull it out ?. Like you said a lot of questions and no answers.

cdiver2 -- your oriignal post said "with a knife protruding from his chest" which would imply is was not pulled out.

Sad story in any case. Tragic for the police officer. My thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

As a former police officer I hat to say it but this investigation is already heading down hill. The article from the Prague paper notes:......the first question when the police boarded the ship was, "How can there be eight men here with no women?"

They have started the investigation off on the wrong foot. Suggesting that the divers and crew are Gay, they already put the witnesses on the defensive. Nothing against the Croatians. You may find yourself getting asked the same question by some narrow-minded American investigators.

The knife wound is very curious. In cases of out of air cave drownings that I have read of the diver showed evidence of fighting for his life, such as scratching at the cave walls until his finger nails were ripped off. Very interesting case here.

Very tragic for the police diver and his family.

cdiver2 once bubbled...
on a post from monkseal it said, knife found near by, Undercurrent said in chest so Im not sure where it was found.

According to divers that found the body, knife was found near by.

BTW It was almost a year ago and the case was closed after five or six weeks of investigation.

Don't leave us hanging....how was the case closed? Murder or suicide?

cid90 once bubbled...
Don't leave us hanging....how was the case closed? Murder or suicide?

Suicide - officially no evidence pointed to murder.
Two suspect were released.
Dead policeman was awarded.
Injured policeman had several long hyperbaric treatments and I think he's OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom