Underwater video housing-YeeHaw!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, so I'm excited! I just finished field testing something I've been working on for a while--a DIY video camera housing--and it worked! Tested it empty first to about 50 feet, but on the second dive took it down with the camera up and running. Hey, I'm having fun! On this trip I just had to turn it on and go (edit the parts I want to keep later at home), but I'm working on controls for it, too. Okay, enough crowing, but it was fun to build something I've wanted since I started diving (and get it to work for about a quarter of what it would cost to buy!).
I'm shutting up now, George.

Congrats George. It's a great feeling when you build something yourself as complicated as a housing and it works. I'm in the process of building my third housing, this time it's for a very small digital camera. It should be about 8 inches long so it's much smaller then my previous ones. I'll post a few pictures of it on my DIY site when it's finished.

Have fun,

Congrats Guba! Don't know if you are looking at adding a internal monitor to your back glass but I just did this to mine. It is easily done with a relay and a few connectors. Give me a shout if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom