Unknown underwater creature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear All

I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread or not, if its not feel free to move to the right place.

If anyone can povide about any information of this creature. Its photo attached here. Please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• download01_.jpg
    download01_.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 204
  • download02_.jpg
    download02_.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 159
That certainly is something odd. Some more information would be useful. Where did it come from? How large is it? What is it on? Did you touch it - is it hard or soft? Did any part of it move at all? Were there any openings?

My first impression is that it looks calcareous. In that case it might be some sort of clam, especially one of the odd ridged oyster species. Take a look at the link, about 3/4 down the page, at order Ostroidea.
Mollusc Species - Scaphopda, Bivalvia If it isn't calcareous then I don't know what to think! :D

That certainly is something odd. Some more information would be useful. Where did it come from? How large is it? What is it on? Did you touch it - is it hard or soft? Did any part of it move at all? Were there any openings?

My first impression is that it looks calcareous. In that case it might be some sort of clam, especially one of the odd ridged oyster species. Take a look at the link, about 3/4 down the page, at order Ostroidea.
Mollusc Species - Scaphopda, Bivalvia If it isn't calcareous then I don't know what to think! :D

I have never saw it. A friend of mine sent me this pics asking me about it. Actually I am not that professional in the aquatic life, but I'd like to be one. I'm trying to gain some information about aquatic environment. There is another thing which is also wierd came to me through e-mail. It was found in malysia and but never seen before. Please follow this link ScubaBoard Gallery - Fish never seen before - Powered by PhotoPost
. or try to locate Photos that had been posted by me (gehadoski)

Back
Top Bottom