Unnecessary thread splitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now the argument continues in Forum Feedback. Some people just can't let go...
Considering you liked the post that followed me into this thread to keep the discussion going, I'm wondering if this is aimed at me? If so, please note that while the other posters have continued, I've refrained from posting anything more in the basic forum, out of respect for the moderators. I simply tried to understand why this is a tabu topic in the basic forum, by making a post in the Feedback forum, which I thought would be the correct channel for bringing this up.

I actually got involved in this discussion hoping to learn, and open to finding out if there were any problems with what I had been taught. Instead I was met with straw man arguments, sarcasm and moderation. The only thing I've learned is that the only people to actually speak up against it are unable to form a coherent logical argument or respond to one.

Mods: If you don't welcome this discussion here, feel free to close this thread. I've expressed the feedback I had, and I respect your decision, even though I might not agree with it.

Considering you liked the post that followed me into this thread to keep the discussion going, I'm wondering if this is aimed at me? If so, please note that while the other posters have continued, I've refrained from posting anything more in the basic forum, out of respect for the moderators. I simply tried to understand why this is a tabu topic in the basic forum, by making a post in the Feedback forum, which I thought would be the correct channel for bringing this up.

I actually got involved in this discussion hoping to learn, and open to finding out if there were any problems with what I had been taught. Instead I was met with straw man arguments, sarcasm and moderation. The only thing I've learned is that the only people to actually speak up against it are unable to form a coherent logical argument or respond to one.

Mods: If you don't welcome this discussion here, feel free to close this thread. I've expressed the feedback I had, and I respect your decision, even though I might not agree with it.
Definitely not you. Read the thread. This is not hard to figure out.

@steinbil

There are specific ToS for posting in "Basic"

When the discussion goes beyond Basic then it's moved to "Advanced" or another appropriate section.

If you wish to specifically carry on a discussion from a Basic thread that goes beyond Basic, please feel free to do so by starting another thread in the appropriate section. You should also post a reference to the other post to allow some continuity.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom