Unsupervised, unlimited diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Can anyone point me to list of locations/resorts that provide experienced divers with access to unsupervised and unlimited diving? I know of a few (Capt Don's in Bonaire, for example), but looking for somewhere else to go for Christmas. So far all I'm getting is "for safety reasons you'll have to have a guide on every dive." Any guidance welcomed.

Regards

Wade Hughes

I believe anywhere on Bonaire is a truer statement (meaning all packages will typically include for unlimited shore diving which are almost never guided - a couple sites excluded). As well I believe Cozumel however you are limited in the shore dive locations. I have heard Curacao is very similar to Bonaire that way so chalk them up. I look forward to some of the other replies because this is my kind of holiday (which is why I love Bonaire so much).

I know places like Roatan have what they call unlimited shore diving (or at least some do) but again you are limited to the house reef usually (this I believe).

We do a lot of shore diving on Maui. We do it on our own, so there is no limit to anything.

Kungkungen Bay Resort in Indonesia had a house reef -- diving there was unlimited and unguided within certain hours (daytime, basically). Boat diving was guided, but dive time was based on gas.

Can anyone point me to list of locations/resorts that provide experienced divers with access to unsupervised and unlimited diving? I know of a few (Capt Don's in Bonaire, for example), but looking for somewhere else to go for Christmas. So far all I'm getting is "for safety reasons you'll have to have a guide on every dive." Any guidance welcomed.

Regards

Wade Hughes

Curacao shore diving
Cayman Islands shore diving
Emperor Fleet Liveaboards on Red Sea
Cayman Aggressor
Truk Odyssey
Maui shore diving
Been on many boats all over the world that let you do your own thing; in fact I've never once been with a Dive Op that forced a guide on me. Though when I tell people I'm from NJ they all pretty much tell me to do whatever I want as long as I leave the other passengers alone...

:eyebrow:

Of the many places I have been in the Caribbean, Bonaire is the only place I have been you can dive as long, deep, and as often as you want without anyone there telling you what to do and when to do it.

Of the many places I have been in the Caribbean, Bonaire is the only place I have been you can dive as long, deep, and as often as you want without anyone there telling you what to do and when to do it.

Curacao is the same, as is anyplace where you can simply rent tanks and drive away...

Curacao is the same, as is anyplace where you can simply rent tanks and drive away...

I haven't been there yet but can see how Curacao would be just like Bonaire for the most part.

Tulamben, Bali ... you have three great dive sites right off the beach ... a wreck dive, a wall dive and a reef dive. We spent four days there, and met several folks from Europe and Australia who spend weeks at a time there diving whenever they feel like it.

As a bonus, the diving's pretty fantastic ... especially if you're into photography ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Regards

Wade Hughes

We had exactly this experience on board the Cayman Aggressor. Very refreshing - here's the site, pool's open, boat leaves at <insert time here>. You could get in the water when you wanted, stay as long as you wanted, do as many dives as you wanted. No hand holding, no mandatory divemasters, no nuttin'.

Pretty much all the captain requested was for us to return with 500 psi, and, no intentional deco.

...the captain even dropped us in at the south end of Bloody Bay Wall, then, moved the boat to the north end to wait for us while we ran the length of the wall on our scooters, a mile and a half.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom