Unusual encounters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were offered cocaine a few years back.

Does that count??? o_O

One day while out for a walk in the downtown area, a merchant wanted to sell me some jewellry. When I said no, he upped the offer. :confused:

First he offered a hash pipe, then hash, then cocaine, and finally offered me his sister. :shocked: He actually tried to sell me his sister "for a good time". :cry:

All offers were declined, but he persisted until I "flashed a badge". Once he saw the badge he abruptly left. :thumb:

Divegoose

We were offered cocaine a few years back.

Does that count??? o_O
In a related story...

A friend of my dad's was vacationing on Cozumel, and he drank a lot of Coca-Cola as a mixer for his hard liquor. He had run out one night, so he flagged a cab to go into town to replenish his supply. He didn't speak Spanish but he told the taxista in English that he wanted to go get "some Coke". You can imagine what happened.

After a few minutes of driving around in the back warrens of the island, the guy realized what was going on, so he clarified his mission to the cabbie, and it ended well.

I don't know if this counts since all I could make out was a tail but... Last April we were drifting along the wall at San Juan and I see the dive master freaking out pointing out in the blue. From where I was all I could make out was a big tail. Once we got in the boat he told us there were two huge sailfish cruising along the wall.

6 years ago we were diving Punta Sur. Just after leaving Devils Throat and coming up the wall, a group of tree divers went by. That's when we saw it. A Crackfish!!! One of the divers was a woman with only her dive rig and fins. Must have been her 100th dive. And that's how I wrote it up in my dive book.

I think I saw a crackfish once. Do you have any photos?

Dave

It was on one of your boats Dave. It was called in over the radio.

Why didn't the crew let me know!

Dave…

I think I'll start listening to the radio

Back
Top Bottom