Upcoming Trip to Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newfie:
Thanks for your input, it was a great help.

Dahab was stunning, both above and below sea level. I only wish I was on my way back {sniff, sniff}.

Newfie,

Where did you end up staying and how was the place ?

thanx

sander

Hello Sander. I stayed at Bedouin Moon Hotel and dived with Reef2000. It was excellent particularly wrt the diving which was well organized, in small groups and with experienced dive guides. The guides knew the sites well and were safety conscious almost to a fault. I don't think I ever came out of the water with less than 80 bar. Also very friendly and laid back. If I was any more relaxed I think I would have stopped breathing all together.

The hotel and restaurant were also quite good. BMH and Reef2000 are on the outskirts of Dahab, abt a 5 min or E£10 (some say £5 but I'm not that good a negotiator) taxi ride to town centre. Certainly walkable if you're not in a hurry. The employees and clientele both were also very friendly and diverse. Everyone had a good story. The rooms were a little worn but clean. Alas there were some creepy-crawlys but if bugs are a showstopper, Africa may not be the best place to holiday.

In general, I couldn't recommend Dahab more, for quality of diving, the scenery topside and the people. There are better places to dive in the world but I haven't found them yet...err...except for Newfoundland of course but I might be biased on that point.

Feel free to PM if you have questions.

N.

Back
Top Bottom