Update on global warming!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there is no place for propaganda or politics on a scuba discussion board. I wont offer all the counter arguments to the global warming hoax and you keep your supporting articles confined to the appropriate boards. thank you very much.

Who died and made you moderator? It is neither politics or propaganda it is a first hand report. Sorry if the truth does not agree with your liberal views.

I don't get it. What does this article have to do with global warming? It seems to be more about construction practices.

Also what area is it about. I just skimmed it, but I didn't see this information. Where is Homer? My guess is Alaska.

Anecdotal iformation about one cold winter in a specific area doesn't really say much about global climate. Let me know what I'm missing.

Wildcard:
Just though you all should see this as it wont come up on prime time.
Ya mean that the Homer Tribune ain't prime time?

There's a difference between climate and weather. One winter doesn't prove anything one way or the other. In addition, many of the climate warming models do indeed predict cooling in some regions (Arctic IIRC). Kind of like how for some areas El Nino brings heavy rains and other areas have droughts.

Interesting article, but not all that significant in the big picture.

With your recent stream of bad luck, I'm expecting the next post to be that someone has called you from Homer and the back wall of your house has fallen down. :banana:

Wildcard - I guess I just don't understand... I read the article and didn't see anything about diving... I guess I could make the long connection to "Marine Life and Ecosystems," as that is the forum title, but I still don't get it.

Further, calling it a "global warming hoax" is not really a liberal viewpoint... though I might have misread CD's post. I guess if I wanted to refute your viewpoint (I don't) I could tell you that today was a pretty damn hot day in Charleston.

-Nick

Im hoping for that....
I just find it ironic/funny that this is a realy bad winter, nation wide, admist the frantic global warming thing. Not as funny as the global warming meeting having to be cancled, twice due to cold weather.
So my phone magicly starts working, my camera still works, sort of after getting dunked and I can now drop glasses and have them break without coming apart, sounds like pretty good luck to me!
If the models are predicting arctic cooling, why are the greenies so excited about the ice pack melting?

NSDiver:
Wildcard - I guess I just don't understand... I read the article and didn't see anything about diving... I guess I could make the long connection to "Marine Life and Ecosystems," as that is the forum title, but I still don't get it.

Further, "global warming hoax" is not really a liberal viewpoint... I guess if I wanted to refute your viewpoint (I don't) I could tell you that today was a pretty damn hot day in Charleston.

-Nick
You and you alone used the word hoax. Im just offering a viewpoint you would not normaly see.

Back
Top Bottom