Updated restaurant list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In about a week we will be going down, and I was wondering if this might be a good time to check with folks and see what the restaurant situation looks like now. I have Christi's list (of course!:D ) but I was curious whether it could use a little updating? I suspect that most of the entries are still active, but things might have changed, and I thought I would see what you guys had to say.:wink: I await your comments, ( and my wife says she is starting to get anxious about this trip:10: . Pre flight jitters?) Woody

I will be down 14-18 and staying in town. From what I hear most of the restaurants are open. If not, the walk to one that is will do us good. My daughter lives in Bloomington up your way.

Well, this was written in September, so it is pre-wilma, but it is a good read:
Restaurant Reviews from CozumelmyCozumel forum.

In addition to Christi's list This list give addresses, which can be helpful. Be aware that it is from 2003, so it is likely some of the places have either closed or moved.

See you in 9 days :)

I just was not impressed with La Mission or Pancho's. La Chosa was good but Prima's was the best for me. Everything was wonderful. FYI, the food at Hotel Cozumel is really not very good. The hamburgers, nachos (ask for guacamole and hot sauce) and cheese by the pool were good and fast. Especially nice between the morning and afternoon dives.

The only 2 changes I know of for sure from Christi's list are that Mesa 17 is closed--owners are moving back to TX, and Especias is closed until Jan--Adrian is moving to a better and larger location. Not sure on the status of Manati at this point. Acuario, which was a later addition to the list, is closed for repair.

I was there over Thanksgiving and we ate at Prima's, Casa Denis, El Pique, El Moro, Camilo's--all just as good as ever, and REALLY glad to see our group. Have fun! :)

We were also there over Thanksgiving and ate at Prima, Guidos, La Choza, Rock'n'Java (dessert only), Casa Denis, Las Palmas, and Camilo's. The only one we looked for but couldn't find was Viva Mexico (not the one on the waterfront, although that one was closed when we were there). Acuario also was closed, but I don't know when/if it will be opening. We enjoyed the food at everywhere we ate!

French Quarter is closed for renovation and plans to re-open mid January. I'm hoping Acuario will begin renovations soon, but it might be a while according to one of the two head waiters.

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

cxg31s:
The only 2 changes I know of for sure from Christi's list are that Mesa 17 is closed--owners are moving back to TX, and Especias is closed until Jan--Adrian is moving to a better and larger location. QUOTE]
Arrgh! I had hoped to finally make it to Especias this time, as I have always heard so many good things about this place and its owner. Now what am I gonna do?:banghead: Oh well, I suppose there is always next time, and I guess I will just have to make do with what else is left there. :D Lets see if anyone else has any insights.... Woody

La Morena on 10th Ave about a block south of Capi Navigante is open and a great find - really good food and reasonably priced. Nice people too.

I just found out I'm going back in March Yoo Hoo Can't wait to see the restoration. The transformation that took place in just the week we were there (11/26-12/3) was just short of miraculous. The folks in the U.S. could learn many lessons from the people of Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom