Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe, I'm glad your time is running short. You're going to have to make a trip to NC to come dive with Polly and me! Stay safe!

Funny how non of the good stuff we are doing over get told through main stream media.

Keep on Keepin on. maybe I'll see you at Mother Rucker one day.

Joe, boy am I glad to ear from you again! Good luck with your remaining time in the sandbox.

squalus, it's great to hear from you

great that you're ok

Started following this thread a few months ago. What a bright spot to the day to read the update from you! Glad to hear you are safe. We may not always say thanks often enough or loud enough, so...... THANK YOU! Thanks to all who put on a uniform to keep us safe and free!

As a strongwilled, independant women I am grateful to have been born in America! I do not take my freedom lightly.

Stay safe.
Kim

Question is; who is going to help me with my refresher dives???

So glad you are safe. I am so sorry for your losses. Stay safe until you come home and I'm sure you'll get those refresher dives in really quick.

Come to Dutch Springs and I'll do your RefesherDives with you.

If you come by Ft. Campbell again, I'll take you diving in the Pennyroyal Bluesprings Quarry right here in Hopkinsville, KY!

Reflecting on my deployment experience and when things were getting suckier by the minute or second. I reflected upon my experiences diving the Spiegel Grove with my friends and the dives I did in Canada with whom I would consider a father figure to me, Mike. I would sit there or crouched behind some wall in a muhalla when things had settled down, revisit the feeling of just ascending in the water to be in awe of what was waiting for us to explore. The comradrie of a group of divers having fun exploring and poking around the reefs enjoying the wildlife. This deployment has definately changed my thoughts and outlook at life to where, I'm not as cocky as I used to be. The support from my friends on this site has been awesome to say the least and I know if things were to get bad that a group of divers from across the US would be there to help out. That means alot to me, some of you I have dove with before and had great times, and some time will come where our paths will meet and go diving. I will be finishing up my courses that I left off after, I do some diving and get my gills growing again and webbing on my hands and feet. To my friends TwoTours, Firebrand and Polly, I want to go lobster diving this season in Florida if possible. Ft. Rucker will be my last Hoorah for the military and time to hang the boots up finally. I can say, I have enjoyed the ride I got in the military and loved every minute of it, even if I found myself in some foriegn country doing what I was asked to do, if I agreed with it or not. Enough of my rambling on, just wanted to let you all know what I was thinking the past few days. I have a desk job now, doing paperwork so my Battalion can go home(when you are doing end of tour reports is a great thing, means your going home soon :) ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom