upgrade r295 to r390

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A new pin should come in a service kit. Or it will work just fine with no pin as long as nobody plays with it. Just check the cover occasionally. Converting to an adjustable viva would require a new case with the adjustable viva components. Probably better to just get a new 2nd stage if you really need that capability. Why do you think you need that anyway? While it might be nice on an alternate, I prefer a higher performance reg with a user adjustable,cracking pressure in that role. On a stage or slung pony which is left off when not in use, the simpler the better so no adjustment necessary. In fact, due to extra complexity, some might consider it undesirable.

good points, thanks! I actually am planning on selling this, any ideas what a recently serviced, dive-able, r295 should go for?

I paid $20 and $40 for my kids' octo's, the 2nd case with a MK2 thrown in. :)

I would think so. What kind of shape is it in? I could use another octo.

Just for fun I pulled the parts diagrams for the R-295 and the R-395. From a quick inspection it appears that the main difference is the flow vane. If you replace part 11290011 with part 11500011 that will effectively convert a R-295 to a R-395. The other differences are the sticker (from an "S" to dive/predive) and the retaining ring (saying R-295 to R-395). I am not sure if you damaged the retaining ring while removing the pin, however I have a 295 without the pin and the cover stays put.

Don't worry about the pin, the cover'll stay put no matter what. Actually, I removed all the pins of our 8 "active" SP seconds out of general principle, and the only problem is cosmetic: the "S" logo becomes a lot harder to align.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom