• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Upgrade Your Oceanic ProPlus 2 to a Pro Plus X for $280

Discussion in 'Advanced Scuba Discussions' started by BrokenSailor, Oct 11, 2018.

1. BrokenSailor

BrokenSailor Angel Fish

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Just wanted to let divers know about this awesome deal I got. I was diving Isla off Cancun at night and my ProPlus 2 Glow did not glow anymore. Couldn't back light my computer. When I got back home, I brought my computers (3) to my local Oceanic Dealer and asked to send in and get repaired. Been diving them for many years. They told me the PP2 is no longer supported for repair, BUT if I paid $240 I could send the computers in and get a PP3 or for $280 upgrade to a PP X! I will take three PP Xs, I said and pulled out my three PP2 Glows for turn in. Just got them back. It took almost two months. I paid less than $1000 for three Pro Plus Xs! So, if you got some old Oceanic computers laying around, give it a go. I am one very happy Oceanic customer. Thank you Carolina Dive Center for helping me out!

Scared Silly likes this.
  2. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I have also done very well with Oceanic/Huish service Support ยป Service It's worth inquiring what they might do for you.

3. fatherandsondiver

fatherandsondiver Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    How did you contact them. I have emailed and phoned and they do not respond. Been trying for al out 45 days now.

4. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I assume you have already tried technical assistance (888) 270-8595 and TAC@huishoutdoors.com

You might also try the Huish return portal http://huish.returnsportal.net/

5. BrokenSailor

BrokenSailor Angel Fish

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I brought them in to an oceanic dealer. look one up on their website. in the solomons diving now mate, so not much internet.

6. Jayfarmlaw

Jayfarmlaw Divemaster

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I talked to the Huish rep at DEMA, I have two PP2's, one with the light out. They told me that the promotion was to take $280 off a new PPX....not a PPX for $280. My local dealer said the same thing. Sounds like you got the deal of the year or your dealer has better manufacturer reps than mine does!

Awesome computers.

Jay