Upstate New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevsgarage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:froggy:
My Sister-in-law lives in Saratoga, New York. I was thinking of visiting this summer and maybe making a trip to the sea. Does anyone know were the closest place to dive from Saratoga is and any good dive operators in the area. :froggy:

I live a little to the west of Saratoga but having been there you have Lake George and Lake Champlain which has dive operators that take you to wrecks of the Revolutionary War and later. The LDS I use has a weekend dive there every fall.

chuckrt

Lake George is fine.. and both have some decent zebra mussel covered wrecks. About three hours away are the beaches of Cape Ann in MA, and that's probably the best diving you'll find close to the Albany/Saratoga area.

If you're into river diving, there's a section of the Hudson just above where it meets the Sacandaga. This time of year it's pretty cold and ice-covered, but in the summer it's the clearest, warmest water within a 2 hour drive. It's under a bridge and about 60 feet deep, so you find all sorts of crazy stuff down there... clothes, jewelry, concrete mogwai.

Have fun.. and PM me if you get into town, I'm always up for a dive... and I live only half an hour south near Albany.

They all sound great; I’ve been up by Lake George beautiful area. The wrecks sound interesting but the Hudson River really peaks my attention. Never tried diving in a river, around here (Kansas) they are mostly shallow and muddy.
How cold is the water, is a good wet suit enough or will I have to consider going dry.
Thanks for the information.
Steve
:froggy:

Back
Top Bottom