Urgent question for nemo air owners- help :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndsmitty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all. I am a new owner of a nemo air. The unit is new. I have a trip to Coz planned in a week so I went to the pool to try out some gear purchased over the winter, the nemo included. Well, in the pool I could not get any pressure readings for the tank. It was reading zeros and flashing/beeping DANGER at me. I had left the manual at home so waited til I got home to investigate. It turns out that I had not entered any values in the SET TANK menu. It is set for PSI/FT and I input the values of 063 for Volume and 3000 for PSI to match the tank I am using. Well, now when I power up, pressurize the system, and hit ok, it enters pre-dive mode and displays 063 for volume and air/fresh. It doesnt display any tank pressure. Having researched the forums, I read a couple of posts that indicated that it will not display tank pressure until dive mode is activated by submerging 4ft. I also read a post from Zac Ohara that indicated it would display tank pressure before getting wet in pre-dive mode. Soooo... does it show tank pressure prior to submerging or not? I would simply run back to the pool tomorrow except that the only pool in North Dakota that will allow scuba gear is 100 miles away!
Also, I learned tonight by comparing photos that Zac Ohara posted that mine has not had the recalled quick connect swapped out. Of course there are no Mares dealers in ND but I do drive by a few enroute to the Minneapolis Airport next Saturday. Is this something that can be quickly swapped or do they send it in? Thanks for any and all help!!! I really appreciate it!!

I don't know if it's true that the Nemo Air will not display tank pressure unless your tank values are correctly entered into the unit (I programmed everything before pressurizing it). I can confirm that the dive computer will display the tank pressure BEFORE going into dive recording mode. It would be a grossly UNSAFE dive computer, if it did not do so. You wouldn't have a way of confirming the air pressure in your tank.

By the way, you can download the Nemo Air manual as a PDF document directly from Mares' website Downloads - Mares - just add water. My LDS swapped the connector in less than 10 minutes. Hopefully, the LDS has them, as mine had to special order it from Mares.

Claude

With the computer setup with correct volume, and working pressure and feet psi selected and on a pressureized tank with the valve all the way open and the computer in predive the computer will show the tank volume then switch to tank pressure then continue to switch between the two.

The recalled quick disconnect is not causing this issue just incause you were wondering

Thanks for the replies! Ok, it is definately not registering tank pressure. When I hit the OK button and it enters predive mode, it flashes 0 psi, then shows the volume 063 and does not alternate. I took the quick disconnect coupler off the hose and checked for an issue. It seems ok, I removed the brass end piece with the o-rings and it looked fine. There is a spring loaded ball that moves freeely when pushed against. Perhaps the only issue that I can see is that when connected, the coupler and the computer are not flush. There is a gap of approx 1/8". The pictures in the manual do not show this gap. The coupler is installed all the way on the two protruding knobs and twisted to lock. I can continue to push on it til flush with computer but I am just pushing against the spring ball which pushes the coupler back out when released or pressurized. I will try to attach some pics to show what I mean. Anybody have any ideas? This sucks, new computer thats broke and dive trip planned a week from today.
nemoscreen.jpg
[/IMG]

Never mind about the gap, the mares website clearly shows the gap so I am guessing its normal and supposed to be there.

The gap is normal its so you can connect it. cant think of anything that would cause it. did you try it on the other hp port of your first stage? i know mine doesn't read right with the tank valve opened part way. are the regs also new? do you have an spg?

C5Diver, yep, tried different HP port, then a different first stage just to make sure. 3 different tanks, hooked wifes SPG to hp ports on my first stage and it reads correctly. I talked with the dealer I got it from in AZ and he will take it back and send it in to be fixed. Doesnt help me next week in Coz :(

Where are you in Michigan? I am originally from Grand Rapids and just retired after 23 years in the Air Force.

Im in Jackson and am also retired from the air force

ndsmitty- What did you end up finding out about your computer? I recently bought a used Nemo Air and when I took it diving to test it, it is also not reading any tank pressure. (The person who sold it to me swears it was just rebuilt by Mares earlier this year because of this same problem.) - Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom