US Divers UDS-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olkev

Registered
Reaction score
I have a UDS-1 dive setup I was thinking of selling but have now changed my mind. It's been in the closet for quite some time and for a winter project I want to get it back up to speed.

I know that it is a modified Conshelf design and the manuals are long since gone but, does anyone have any experience in maintaining one of these setups? I am especially interested in the internals such as the HP seat, etc., parts interchangeablility, IP settings, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

olkev,

The first / second stage parts are indeed conshelf standard so no problem there. The o-rings for the tanks are non-standard (by today's specs) but if you go to a hose / hydraulic company they are easy enough to get (I have extras for future use).

The real issue is that the AL tanks have a very non-standard neck size (wider) and some facilities will not by able to do a hydro. There is also the new requirement that all AL tanks be VIP'd at the time of hydro and IIRC the new spec calls for eddy-current testing to check for cracks, etc... You may want to call your local hydro facility and see if they can work on your tanks.

Good luck! I love diving with my UDS-1!!!

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Well, I've changed my mind again. I had to have rotator cuff surgery this summer and I'm so far away from diveable water that I just can't see keeping it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom