USD double 30s with doublehose regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WD8CDH

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody have or have tried the USD double 30 tanks and manifold with a doublehose regulator? The center outlet version, not the offset outlet one. I am wondering about the cans hitting the tanks.

Thanks,

The USD double tank manifold on steel tanks of the time were no problem for a double hose regulator.

There is a problem with some combinations with the USD twin manifold and the AL tanks, because of the difference in the taper to the neck of the tank; those differences did not affect USD double hose regulators of the time (DA Aquamaster, Royal Aquamaster and Mistral). It does affect the Sportsways Hydro-Twin and Duel-Air (which have gauge outlets that can be a problem and force the regulator to be turned a bit). It also affects the AMF Voit Trieste II with a four-LP converter, as there is no room for one horizontal hose coming off it. There is no problem at all with the Nemrod Snark III, Healthways Scuba (all versions) or older Voit double hose regulators (which are the same dimensions as the USD double hose regulators). All these problems with AL tanks and the USD twin manifold can be readily overcome by simply turning the center section over, so that the regulator attachment is above the manifold and the on-off valve is between the cylinders. But by doing this, it is not possible to turn the tanks off while they remain on the diver's back.

SeaRat

I guess that I should have been more descriptive. The manifold that I am refering to was made only for Luxfer aluminum 30's which were slightly less than 5" in diameter. The manifold is one piece so the center section can't be tilted or turned over. It looks similar to but shorter than the standard spacing one piece USD manifold from the '80's. It's from the same series as the triple 30 manifold used in the US divers ABS system.

The tanks are very closly spaced (less than 1/2") so there isn't much room for the regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom