Siebe Gorman Mistral & Spirotechnique Royal Mistral parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decotek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi, I have a couple of double hose regs I'm looking for parts / advice on please.

Reg 1 is a 3rd gen Siebe Gorman Mistral, I'm looking for a diaphragm, or a lead on where to get one made. The original is so hard I can stand a half full coffee mug on it before I get any movement. I've tried soaking it in silicone oil for a week but there has been minimal improvement.

It has been suggested using a USD diaphragm but that diaphragm has an outer diamater of 4 5/8 inches, a height of 3/8 inches and a disc diameter of 3 1/4 inches.
The original Siebe diaphragm has a diameter of 4 9/16 inches, a height of 3/4 inches and a disc diameter of 2 3/4 inches.

Reg 2 is a 1st generation La Spiotechnique Royal Mistral and I'm looking for the lever height adjustment stud, thumbwheel and lock nut - all are missing.

I've emailed Rob at the Scuba Museum - very helpful and I've ordered some parts, but the SG diaphragm is an odd one.

Thanks in advance.

Man, that diaphragm looks like a start, 4.625 inch = 117.475 millimetres / 4.5625 inch = 115.8875 millimetres

and certainly much better than laying layers of rubber on a tea set saucer after you have finished a cup of tea

Man, that diaphragm looks like a start, 4.625 inch = 117.475 millimetres / 4.5625 inch = 115.8875 millimetres

and certainly much better than laying layers of rubber on a tea set saucer after you have finished a cup of tea
The OD isn't a deal breaker, its the height with roughly a 9mm difference. No way to adjust that out.

The OD isn't a deal breaker, its the height with roughly a 9mm difference. No way to adjust that out.
I've made main diaphragms for a few old DH regs (Dacor, Sportsways, working on Colombomatic). Sending you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom