Used buying advice, first drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Good day, after searching the forum, for general info I would like someone look it over visually. Going to hopefully purchase my first dry suit. Photo attached. I asked about the zipper and seals, says they look good and he doesn't foresee immediate repair needed. Been in storage a decade at least. He wants 400, and it is the viking pro. We are the same built so it is attractive.

Is there a way to know if the zipper is good on those still while on land? Any other questions I should ask? Photo in next post.

---------- Post added June 8th, 2015 at 02:23 AM ----------

8f838c7586fdc89bcc619c2070ccdeb2.jpg
2192e6a5293bc0b1f19b5af6086e7d4f.jpg
9d87a83210a19e1b6b419207cd3cc9e9.jpg

If it has latex seals and has been in storage for 10 years, it needs new ones since the latex degrades over time. As for the zipper, is there a lot of fraying? How do the teeth look? Any crooked ones? Any gaps? The only test that matters though is if it leaks when taken underwater.

I'll check it's teeth and factor in the seals if they are latex. Thank you!

---------- Post added June 9th, 2015 at 02:44 AM ----------

Suit in hand and diving next week. New wrists needed, neoprene neck is good as well as the zipper.

Back
Top Bottom