Used Dry Suit Women Medium Size Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry you're going through the nightmare. No need to apologize. I think it's good to know what others are dealing with in this sport. I'm guessing it was a custom order. It's a shame your old suit can't be repaired. Have you taken it to a shop for repair? I have friends in club in the Seattle area. I could ask for their shop name if you need it. Hope it gets settled for you soon!

Thanks! I have already found three more leaks and repaired them. At least that will keep me going until I will be able to dive with the new suit eventually! After the dive I did last Sunday I was far less wet.

Sorry for your luck with your suit. Both me and my G/F have the Bare Tri-lam Hd Tech Suits. With 2 Lg zippered Pockets and Love them great suits. Sucks that your having delayed issues. Not sure if it's cause of Bare or the Shop but we had our suits within about 1-2 weeks after placing Order.

It could be a combination of both. One major change is that Bare apparently does not stock female dry suits anymore so they have to make them from scratch. Mine is not custom made but I think what may had happened was a misunderstanding about the size of the suit to order between me and the shop or maybe the shop is right about the size and I get so used to the room available inside the old suit that when I tried the Bare I felt like being inside a strait jacket so it may be 'psychological'. Definitively the undergarment XS was too small and the S was on the borderline: OK in the crotch area but tight under the armpits! (Jeez and I don't think I have an unusual body shape!). So the X was sent back to Bare and now I am waiting for the M size while the shell is going through some 'surgery'. So I will try the X and M with the modified shell to see what fit best.

I do think that there should be a better way to figuring out the size of a dry suit, though...

Last edited:
My G/F dives a Md in the Suit and is about 5'5 and around 140ish so little bigger but close in size. We use the Fourth Element undergarments liked them best over all. the 2 Piece felt better. She at first had small's in Top/Bottom but switched to a Md-SHort in pants I think and MD top. But for the Drysuit my LDS simply took all of our measurements about 20 or so of them and sent that off to Bare and let bare choose the size and everything came in perfectly. Enough room to move and add in plenty of layers.

If your not familiar with Fourth Element I would check them out. Best undergarment IMO

http://www.fourthelement.com/thermal_protection.php

Sorry for your luck with your suit. Both me and my G/F have the Bare Tri-lam Hd Tech Suits. With 2 Lg zippered Pockets and Love them great suits. Sucks that your having delayed issues. Not sure if it's cause of Bare or the Shop but we had our suits within about 1-2 weeks after placing Order.

Good that things have worked out for you guys.

Regarding my absurd situation I don't know what to say anymore...
There is another week delay!!!:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Who knows whether I will get my new suit before the beginning of summer or not!

Back
Top Bottom