used INON z240-3 vs brand new Intova ISS 4000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquashik

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys! After years of putting off buying strobes, i figured i should just get one however my funds are limited. i am currently debating either buying a used INON z240-3 vs a brand new INTOVA ISS 4000. they cost almost the same. i need your expertise which i should get. i am leaning towards the INON only because its an established brand...but any intova users what say you.

i need help to make up my mind! any opinion is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

If you have found a Z240-3 for anywhere near the price of the ISS 4000, don't let it slip away as the Inon should be easily be selling for twice what the Intova is currently going for. Prior to purchasing the Inon however, look it over and make sure the focus light hasn't been used excessively, allowing it to overheat and melt the mirroring around the light. (I'm not saying don't buy it if it is, just realize you won't be able to get very good of use out of the focus light once the reflector is shot) Also check to verify that a diffuser is included as that is another $20 if it is not.

Be sure you have worked through the total cost of adding a strobe as you jump in. You will still need an arm and tray set and a cable set with some means of mounting it, and for the Inon you will also need to invest in a set of AA eneloop batteries as those are about the only ones recommended for the type 3.

I agree with the Inon recommendation. Make sure that you also get the instructions, figuring it out on your own from the icons on the back is great fun.
Bill

Hope you get the Inon Z240. I endorse Bill's comment the manual although arcane :confused: is critical. Not sure if it is available on a download.

Back
Top Bottom