Using Atomic's SS1 with Sea Quest BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am purchasing my first BCD and wanted to also get Atomic's SS1 safe second but there seems to be a problem with the routing of the quick disconnect hose and the Sea Quest Pro QD+ corrugated hose. Unlike Sea Quest's safe second, Air Source, the SS1 doesn't come with a corrugated hose and you have to use your power inflators hose. Without changing anything you have to route the quick disconnect hose on the outside (away from the diver) of the corrugated hose to attach it then under the corrugated hose to the inside to make the connection with the SS1. My LDS suggests turning the corrugated hose upside down which would allow the quick disconnect hose to run down the inside of the corrugated hose. I am not sure if this is making any sense to anyone. If anyone has this setup (SS1 on a Sea Quest BCD), I would be interested to hear how it is working out or if there are any other alternatives besides going with Sea Quest's Air Source.

I dive a SeaQuest Pro QD+ and looing into the same thing. The LDS told me the same things about the power inflator hose. They also said SeaQuest was the only manufacturer with the odd angle cut on their power inflator hose.

Why??? Maybe so you would have to by their parts???

I look forward to hearing how this goes.

I have the SS1 on the Seaquest Pro QD+. My dive shop installed it, so I don't know exactly how it was done. However, I remember them telling me at first that there would be a problem and then they realized that something could be switched around to make it work out. I can take pictures of my setup or any part of it close up if that would be helpful to you. I know they installed it with no problem.

My LDS says that there would be no problem installing it either but that it would be different with either the corrugated hose upside down or running the quick disconnect hose under the corrugated hose. I was wondering how it was working for people if they did it one way or the other. I would be interested in seeing how they did yours if it isn't one of these two ways. Thanks

hi mildlydamp,

would you be able to take some digital shots and post it online so we have an idea how your setup is being assembled with this combination?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom