Using DSS boots to attach SK7 to a wrist slate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The idea (courtesy of mo2) would be to put the SK7 into the DSS boot, and then use the holes meant for bungee to bolt it onto a wrist slate. I'm about to order one of these boots now for that purpose and wanted to check if there was any reason why this wouldn't work?

What diameter (screw size) are the bungee holes?

The idea (courtesy of mo2) would be to put the SK7 into the DSS boot, and then use the holes meant for bungee to bolt it onto a wrist slate. I'm about to order one of these boots now for that purpose and wanted to check if there was any reason why this wouldn't work?

What diameter (screw size) are the bungee holes?

The boots we sell were designed for wrist mounting using bungee. They have been used in a bolt on configuration by Dive Xtras. I would expect your application to be similar, but I cannot issue a blanket guarantee that there is no reason a DIY project that I've never seen or tested is going to work to your satisfaction.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom