Using ReefMaster Mini at night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDenning

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be wanting to use my new RM Mini with DPro strobe at night. Any tips? Let's see two hands for the camera, and one for my flashlight. How do you work around that?

I have used it once on a night dive. I hold the flashlight when I am not using the camera and have someone shine the a light on something cool and hold it while I take a shot. But a light is not necessary to get it in focus. It will still work if you take a picture of something in complete darkness. Let me know how the Auto function works out.

I'll be wanting to use my new RM Mini with DPro strobe at night. Any tips? Let's see two hands for the camera, and one for my flashlight. How do you work around that?

You could always get the device that lets you attach the UK light body to your waist "D" ring and extends the light head via a cable attached the a C"C shaped band that goes over your hand.

This device frees up four hands.

I know what you mean abut the UK light. Yes that is an idea. Might not have time to get one before I leave. But good idea.
PRSKATE2 I'll likely do that, kinda work with my buddy. I maybe shouldn't say it but I am so used to solo diving. Or at least diving solo in a group:) But even I can learn new things. Thanks for the idea.

Maybe duct tape my flashlight to my camera...

It was kind of a pain, but I delt with it. You could probably just have a light for back up and let your buddy shine the way for you.. Perhaps you could just have a small light on you, so your buddy can see when you are, but have him shine the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom