using the AF illuminator C-5060W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Customer service from Olympus has been excellent in my experience .The original batch of 5060s had problems , but these seem to have been resolved .

The customer service from Naturephoto is excellent - I have shopped there a few times .The shipping costs have been very reasonable to my part of the world. Also very quick .Don't know about tax on your side of the pond .

E - mail Yuzo and ask him about the warranty issue - he is very helpful .

Safe Diving

Andrew

cHECK OUT 17TH STREET PHOTO. i JUST BOUGHT MY C5060WZ FOR 480.00 AND HOUSING FOR 189.00

THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST I FOUND AND BUYING FROM THEM YOU GET A usa WARRANTY THEY ARE NOT GREY MARKET. mOST PLACES YOU BUY FROM OUT OF THE COUNTRY THE MANUFACTURE CAN REFUSE TO REPAIR YOUR EQUIPMENT UNDER WARRANTY.

tHIS IS THE THIRD MAJOR PURCHASE I HAVE MADE WITH THEM AND HAVE BEEN TREATED RIGHT EVERY TIME. I ALSO HAVE OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS THAT HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM AND HAVE BEEN TO THEIR SHOP IN NEW YORK, AND HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. tHEY REALLY KNOW THEIR STUFF THERE.

I SHOPPED HARD FOR THE BEST US PRICE AND THAT WAS THE BEST I COULD FIND. mSOT OF THE OTHER WEB SITES THAT OFFER A LOW PRICE EITHER DIDN'T HAVE IT OR THEY WERE REMAN PRODUCTS AND NOT NEW SO BE CAREFULL. 17TH STREET IS ONLY NEW NO REMAN ANYTHING AND NO GREY MARKET.
http://www.17photo.com/
i THINK YOULL BE PLEASED. I HAD MINE IN TWO DAYS FROM THEM.

I have had no troubles at all with my C-5060 which I got from Adorama. I also got the extended USA warranty after reading the initial problems people were having but I must have got one of the newer 'resolved' models.

As for the focusing issue the housing mode does not turn off the AF Illuminator and I haven't really had focus issues as of yet using Ikelite. I do however turn on the 'Model Light' in my strobe if there is a low light situation for better focusing and prelighting.

Back
Top Bottom