USS Duane dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangd1909

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well we went diving last weekend and got to shoot some awesome video. Another diver I was with (JDL1000) Did most of the taping and all of the video editing. It came out pretty good IMO, would love to get some responses. It was awesome down in the keys....the water was beautiful .....it is a long video 24min LOL.

http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1743128&ml=fi=&**=2065120&

I don't think it turned out too bad being my first video. That was some great diving! We'll have to head back soon.:)

Good vid guys! The Duane still remains my favourite dive site in the Keys.

Did you see the turtles in the crow's nest?

Cheers.

-J.-

johnny_bravo:
Good vid guys! The Duane still remains my favourite dive site in the Keys.

Did you see the turtles in the crow's nest?

Cheers.

-J.-

I've seen the turtles in past dives. No turtles on this dive.

The video was cool, especially if it was your first. I have some questions and comments...

Questions:

During the segment where someone was shining a light inside the Duane, I'd like to know what light was actually being used...make and model? I also noticed your buddy carrying one, was that the one? If not, can I ask what his make and model was?

Also, I noticed on some of the interior shots I could see exits at the other end of the hallway. For you wreck divers out there, would a swim through be considered a penetration?

Now, the video...

I have no photographer expertise, and my comments only reflect my thoughts as a viewer.

First, s...l...o...w movements. Whenever the camera moved too quickly, I didn't like it as much.

Secondly, as a diver, I like to see 'divers' in videos. So I'd like to see diver related stuff...like seeing the anchor line as you descend...your buddy at the doorway shining his light inside...your buddy pointing out items of interest.

Third, if you're going to shoot yours or your buddy's dive computer, make sure it's long enough for viewers to read it and also that it is readable...without ambient light reflections.

That's it. I really enjoyed and would like to view more that you do, so please post them all!

Thanks for the hints on the video. I noticed after I downloaded it that I was moving the camera too fast. I plan to make more and I now know what kind of things I can do to make it better.

Heres a link to the dive light me and my friend were using.
Very good light. Were happy with them.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ShockwaveLED

NJMike:
The video was cool, especially if it was your first. I have some questions and comments...

Questions:

During the segment where someone was shining a light inside the Duane, I'd like to know what light was actually being used...make and model? I also noticed your buddy carrying one, was that the one? If not, can I ask what his make and model was?

Also, I noticed on some of the interior shots I could see exits at the other end of the hallway. For you wreck divers out there, would a swim through be considered a penetrationpenetration?

Now, the video...

I have no photographer expertise, and my comments only reflect my thoughts as a viewer.

First, s...l...o...w movements. Whenever the camera moved too quickly, I didn't like it as much.

Secondly, as a diver, I like to see 'divers' in videos. So I'd like to see diver related stuff...like seeing the anchor line as you descend...your buddy at the doorway shining his light inside...your buddy pointing out items of interest.

Third, if you're going to shoot yours or your buddy's dive computer, make sure it's long enough for viewers to read it and also that it is readable...without ambient light reflections.

That's it. I really enjoyed and would like to view more that you do, so please post them all!

Great post man...I know he appreciates the postive feedback. After we both saw the video for the first time we knew he had to slow down. But for his first time it was a very good video...talking about the light, it is a great light and a must have IMO. I don't have one either but I am getting one soon. After seeing the difference that the light makes I will have one.:14: I don't see why swiming thru the rooms and hallways wounldn't be considered a penetration LOL......you are in the ship. And you do need a good light in there, its dark LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom