USS Forestall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just read in the wreck diving section that the Navy is planning on reefing another ship. I think we need a letter writing campaign to the Navy's section in charge of this. Florida got the last one, I think Texas should get this one. Those of us locked in the interior of the country need a divable ship too!

Think about it, the north central states have the great lakes to dive wrecks, the west coast and east coast have quite a few wrecks to dive, and Florida has everyting from Spanish gallions to the Duane to the ex-Oriskany.

I may live in Oklahoma, but I'll stand up for Texas in this fight!

JK! I love you Texans.

FD

When I saw this post, I was thinking "Oh man.. he's lobbying for a destroyer in a golf course lake!" then I saw the name and had to Google.. I could just imagine an Aircraft carrier making its way up the Mississippi, dredging a new channel, to a point to where it could dragged to a quary!... then I read your post.

Hey, go for it! Why not a big boat in TX waters! :D

CBulla:
When I saw this post, I was thinking "Oh man.. he's lobbying for a destroyer in a golf course lake!" then I saw the name and had to Google.. I could just imagine an Aircraft carrier making its way up the Mississippi, dredging a new channel, to a point to where it could dragged to a quary!... then I read your post.

Hahaha!! I was thinking the same thing! Actually I was thinking... the top of the wreck sits at 70-100 ft above the water! Hey... students could practice a giant stride off the tower!

CBulla:

LOL! Hell, in that case lets drop it into an OK lake! We could drag it up the Miss to the Arkansas, then up into one of our lock/dam lakes. Of course, it would still stick out of the water a little bit. We could claim it as a combination fish zone and bird sanctuary.

Yeah! That's the ticket. :D

FD

CBulla:
When I saw this post, I was thinking "Oh man.. he's lobbying for a destroyer in a golf course lake!"

I'm up for that. I'd get to make some $$ on retreiving golf balls AND get to dive the wreck! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom