USS Moray (SS-300) Photogrammetry Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool -- would you be able to provide some details on the equipments you used?

Camera was a Sony a7rIV in a Nauticam housing with a 28mm lens and the Nauticam WWL1-B wide angle wet lens. Lighting was dual Kendal 18k video lights. Processing was done in Metashape.

I have a LOT of details about my photogrammetry on my website at:

Brett

Thank you for sharing the knowledge. I wonder if such level of details can be achieve with action cam like GoPro.
Also, what is the rationale using a wide angle lens?

Thank you for sharing the knowledge. I wonder if such level of details can be achieve with action cam like GoPro.
Also, what is the rationale using a wide angle lens?

Re: GoPro. Not really. I was recently working with some guys in Australia who use GoPros and were looking to get higher res models. GoPros are a good entry point for trying photogrammetry. Here is a model I built using a GoPro shooting stills:

The next likely question of video vs stills would take more time to explain and too much to post here.

Wide angle lenses have two advantages: (1) getting closer to the subject to light while (2) getting enough of the subject in a frame to avoid needing even more photos.

This preso might answer some additional questions:

Regards,

Brett

Back
Top Bottom