UTD Signature series vs the Si Tech glove lock system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cutter1470

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for my first set if dry gloves for Great Lakes diving. I have smaller sized hands and value my dexterity in the water and less bulk. Any opinions on these two systems?

Thanks and Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dexterity wise using Showa or Atlas gloves will be the same using either system. The KUBI (UTD) gloves that come with the set are very thin with consequently good dexterity but they are thin, I swapped them out for Showas as I couldn't imagine them holding up too well. The Sitech rings are big enough to drive a car through. I have small hands and wrists and like that the Kubis come in a small diameter 80mm ring. I've not used the Sitechs so can't really comment but have had the Kubis for a few months and like them a lot and most importantly no leaks. True they are expensive but they seem very well constructed and, after using a few times, go on and off very easily with one hand. Yes, I'd recommend them.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 06:55 PM ----------

Your suit will need latex seals in order to use.

I went with the KUBI or UTD gloves for my new drysuit. My experience previous was with Diving Concepts rings and they share some features.

I went with the UTDs. I'll try them out this weekend. :)

New UTDs worked great! It took multiple try's to get them installed correctly. Turns out I wasn't putting the right O rings in the right slots.
So far, they fit well, provide decent dexterity, stay dry and go on and off pretty easily. The rings are not overly large and I hardly notice them in the water.
I'm very happy with my purchase. Thanks for the advance guys!

Keep a close eye on the sealing O rings, mine perished requiring replacement after less than 25 dives. A little disappointing. I'm hoping was just from a bad batch of O rings. Having to replace them every 2-3 months would seem a little excessive to me. Time will tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom