UW Camera Rental ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if anyone in the SF Bay Area or Monterey knew of a shop that rents underwater cameras. I'd love to be able to try before I buy.

Yep. I'll second what Chuck said.

Thanks for the info. I looked them up and they offer a lot more (both in terms of camera and cost) than I think I'm looking for. Was hoping to spend around $500 - $800 for a entry level camera & housing, and I've seen those rented at resorts before, just not around here.

Double post. Mods feel free to delete if you happen upon it.

There are a few good underwater cameras available for reasonable pricing. The Canon G12 with a Canon housing would be right around $700 or so. The G12 does HD video! A strobe makes a big difference, but they are not cheap either. You could pick up a used strobe down the line.
Canon G12
Canon underwater housing
You can get a wide angle lens for it too. Wide angle lens

Backscatter will offer you straight forward advice, for the hard earned money you want to spend on your new toy.

I was wondering if anyone in the SF Bay Area or Monterey knew of a shop that rents underwater cameras. I'd love to be able to try before I buy.

AB Sea Photo is awesome. I rented a Canon 5d mark II from them and Aquatica housing for peanuts, prior to buying one.
Their retail prices for cameras was very competitive, and their service exceptional.
AB Sea Photo, Welcome to A B Sea Photo. Home of the worlds largest selection of underwater camera rentals and the smallest underwater camera housings by Oceanhaus. We have been serving underwater photographers in both the professional and recreationa

The OP asked for "SF Bay Area or Monterey". AB Sea is in Los Angeles.
Well, I rented from them, and my location is Palm Beach, Fl....considerably further --the rental experience was excellent.
Sorry for coloring outside the lines :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom