UW Diopter Lenses for PT-EP10 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WS007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi underwater photographers,

I am new to Scubaoard and joined to post a (first) question:
Lisi has a EPL-6 with the PT-EP10 housing and wants to use underwater changeable lens to use with the 14-42 mm kit objective, but also with the 60 mm macro objective.

We know about Olympus' PMLA‑EP01 Lens holder and the PTMC‑01 lens.
The PMLA-EP01 holder looks shaky (seems it ist just plugged to the standard dome, no real mounting?)

My question: are there other, better quality, products for this housing, available from other manufactureres?

I figure out e.g. two +5 lenses that can swing in (either one alone or, alternatively, both together), mounted stable to the standard dome port. Eventually an additional wide angle converter for the standard objective.
Or is this all together too much and the optical quality will suffer?

Thanks for advice, Wolfgang:)

The Oly adapter is not too bad, it snaps on with some tabs. You can use stronger diopters, but not a flip holder.
The Oly macro lens isn't that strong. A Saga +5 with the 60mm is probably plenty, but the 14-42 is best with a +10 or stronger. I wold recommend the Saga diopters as they are lighter. Stacking lenses is not the best idea as you start getting chroma and other lens aberrations.

You might want to look at our Macro Photography Handbook:

I agree with Jack in that the Oly adapter is perfectly serviceable. Another option is this swing away mount from Reef Wreck & Critter:

Olympus Flip Mount (Swing Away) Macro Lens Mount

I bought a similar mount from them for my 12-40 Pro lens, and I'm very happy with it. They also have a wet lens mount that replaces the red plastic flange on the front of the port.

I can vouch for the Reef Wreck & Critter flip mount. I purchased one for my last trip to use on on my PT-EP10 and I'm very happy with it. It is well built. A much better option than the Olympus lens holder.

I was using it with the 60 mm macro and a Aquako IV diopter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom