UW Laser pointer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to work on a DIY conversion of cheap U/W flashlight into a 5mw GREEN laser pointer. Should be fairly easy.

Any suggestions on where to get the cheapest U/W flashlight (that doesn't leak of course) :)

Going to work on a DIY conversion of cheap U/W flashlight into a 5mw GREEN laser pointer. Should be fairly easy.

Any suggestions on where to get the cheapest U/W flashlight (that doesn't leak of course) :)

I would LOVE to know how to do this ! At the moment I am strugaling to find out how to build my own strobe(for Diving) using leds as I can not find bulbs or schematics for this. Please let us know how you get on.

lasertn.gif
Why not just get one of the cheap red lasers (they are around $25), pop out the guts and install your own green laser circuitry? Just a thought.

How about just taking a regular pointer and putting it in a food saver bag......just a thought......When the batterys die just cut it open and put it in another one.

How about just taking a regular pointer and putting it in a food saver bag......just a thought......When the batterys die just cut it open and put it in another one.

I am dying to know how well that works.

I keep thinking of getting a FoodSaver to store tools and such in.

... What is this for btw?
Why indeed?

The only idea i can come up is to use it as a visual reference while shooting video. Calibrating the middle of the screen w/laser point at lets say 15Ft distance. Could allow you toshoot video and not to look at the screen.

Hook it up w/handheld doppler sonar to measure distance?

Or is there another use?

Back
Top Bottom