Uwatec 2g. Anyone having problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

burna

Contributor
Reaction score
I am on my second new Uwatec 2g in about as many months.

The first one was giving incorrect depth readings on some dives. I only did 8 dives with it before sending it back.

Got a replacement, this one has only done 8 dives as well and had been working perfectly but on the last dive it failed to activate in the water. Was only a shallow dive so I didn't notice for a while. I tried to activate in underwater but only got the surface screen (clock). I tried surfacing a few times to reset it but couldn't get it to work. My buddies identical computer was working perfectly.

Checked it out when I got home and confirmed wet contacts is set to ON. Has been thoroughly rinsed after each dive.

I have left the battery out for 48 hours and am yet to retest but wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Dunno. I just bought an older Aladin (NIB) Tec 2G from a buddy. I work in a Scubapro shop and we sell the new Aladin (non-Tec, apparently) 2G. I'm interested in feedback or issues.

I'm also curious on differences, aside from name, between the Tec2G and the 2G. The look identical, aside from name.

The only issue I have experienced is getting it back from my G/F.

My husband's 2g will not reset the timer even though it says it should. He used to dive a Tec2g and had no problems resetting the timer.

Has anyone been able to get the timer to reset?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the only real difference between the Tec 2g and the new 2g is that the 2g offers deep stops.

So running in Gauge mode, there should be no difference?

I believe the only real difference between the Tec 2g and the new 2g is that the 2g offers deep stops.

Deep stops . . . you mean the Position Dependent Intermediate Stop (PDIS)? If so, that is correct. Both, however, allow you to increase the 'bubble model' levels to add more stops. That is the only difference I could find, studying the manuals.

So running in Gauge mode, there should be no difference?

Exactly.

Burna, I would send that thing back again. I don't know anyone else who has the 2G, but that is certainly not up to standard.

I know a lot of people who have the TEC 2G (incl me); and not a bit of a problem.

I guess that's what it is Jax, I don't really know TBH. I haven't gone into that side of things with it really as a vast majority of my dives are shallow shore dives.

I think I will have to send it back again! :cussing: Bummer is I am in Oz and have to send it back to LP in NYC which costs me about $50! Oh well, is still about half the price of buying one here.

Out of interest, when I contacted Scubapro in the US they told me to chuck the computer in the sink or bucket of water to see if it activated. It doesn't, but I am not sure it ever did?? Can someone else try this and see if that is enough water to activate it?

I guess that's what it is Jax, I don't really know TBH. I haven't gone into that side of things with it really as a vast majority of my dives are shallow shore dives.

I think I will have to send it back again! :cussing: Bummer is I am in Oz and have to send it back to LP in NYC which costs me about $50! Oh well, is still about half the price of buying one here.

Out of interest, when I contacted Scubapro in the US they told me to chuck the computer in the sink or bucket of water to see if it activated. It doesn't, but I am not sure it ever did?? Can someone else try this and see if that is enough water to activate it?

I'm guessing this is not the issues....but do you have it set up with "Water Contact On" (or something similar to that....I don't have my computer in front of me right now)? I believe the setting is within Set 1. If so, it should turn on if you drop it in a sink full of water....if not, try changing the setting and see if that helps.

Mine (and my husband's) will turn on the moment they touch water.

Back
Top Bottom