uwatec digital depth/timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, as you can see, I am also new to the board though not very new at all to diving. I just wanted to make a coment on some of the replies, and your comments to the use of computers in general. I think your decision to use gauges, and a bottom timer until you get more experience under your belt is an excellent choice, and certainly the method of progression for all veteran divers today. However, the comment about relying on your "brain first" and "the computer as a back up" is somewhat irrelevant. Also the comment about computers rotting your brain was a bit amusing. You see, perhaps the largest benefit of computers, which I didn't see mentioned in the replies, is their ability to extend bottom time by taking multi-level diving into consideration. When you dive tables, for instance a 33m dive for 15 minutes you should ascend immediately to avoid a decompression dive, however, if you ascend to 26m the computer lets you know you have additional time remaining in a no-decompression dive, hence the ability to multi-level dive and explore wrecks at various stages of its profile. Microbubble suppresion, which is the latest doppler technology also allows the ability to prevent the long term effects of repetitive diving, and is offered in most new computers. At any rate, keep diving, and if any of this is confusing now, I'm sure you'll see what I mean as your experience grows. As far as wrist or console, when and if you do buy a computer.......look at it this way...you learned with a console, most have a compass, and many wrists mounts don't have psi (air time remaining) unless they have IR built in, which makes them more expensive even still. Lastly, While Uwatec may not be the cheapest, it is certainly easy to read understand, and has many useful features. Hope this helps.......just my thoughts, and have fun on your April 18th trip
-Deep6

Back
Top Bottom