Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Suunto Stinger

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Suunto Mosquito

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewillems

Registered
Reaction score
  1. Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra
  2. Uwatec Smart Pro
  3. Suunto Stinger
  4. Suunto Mosquito
    [/list=1]

Want to buy a dive computer.
    Wanted to buy the Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra, but then read it doesn't display water temperature. The Smart Pro does, but is a lot more expensive. So should I buy Uwatec or Suunto?
    Pls feedback.

edwin

You could ass well putted Vyper/Vytec in the arena.

But i choose Uwatec, i like the large display. The only minus is that the price, they are a bit to overpriced.
I believe that both brands deliver great computers (despite the flaw on the Uwatec). Finnaly, it's a matter of taste.
But what i also like al lot, is the accent rate read-out on the Uwatec and that you can accent faster at greater depts, this is perfect.
And the MB levels, wel, it feels like thatis is nice to use for when you don't to great to dive, but on the otherhand, you learned not to dive if you don't feel great.
I read
http://www.divernet.com/equipment/0802divertests.htm
that level 1 or 2 matches the SUUNTO RGBM model. I believe that has to do with the 3 minutes level stop what SUUNTO gives to you after you dove deeper then 6m.
Some people don't like the MB levels, because you don't seee no anymore your NLD, DUH!! this is why --you choose-- the MB level, to dive more conservative and follow the Uwatec MB dive profiel.
If you see a level stop, go up a bit and continue.

I forgot to give this link, this is some of the poeple who don't like the MB levels, but these people don't understand how to use the MB level and still want to compare the MB level as you are diving with a traditional dive profile. But this is why you choose the MB level and ofcourse you don't see nomore your NLD when your level stop appears.

http://www.tabula-international.com/DIV/SmartPro1.html

I own a Smart Com and I am waiting to get it back from the recall so I bought a Cobra. They are both great computers but there are things about each I wish i could change. Id like to have both computers in one. The fact the Smart Com doesnt have the time is a big oversite i think. The Cobra software tells you what date and time you dove on. The Smart Com software is better software i feel however. The Cobra has a better computer interface. The SmartCom screen is easier to read and see and is all on one sreen. The Cobra has easier to use buttons than the Smart Coms wet contacts. The Smart Com has the Microbubbles the Cobra doesnt. The Cobra has the time and date screen the Smart Com doesnt. It goes on and on..lol I wish they would combine the two computers.....Fireguy

Back
Top Bottom