UWatec Smart Tec & ppO2 > 1.4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dstrout

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This past week I was doing some wall diving and discovered that my Uwatec Smart Tec will only let me set the max operating depth equal to 1.4 ppO2. I was planning to go to 135 ft on 30% Nitrox (1.52 ppO2), but the computer would only let me set it to 1.4 (121 ft). I stayed above 120 ft.because I wasn't sure what it would do if I exceeded 121,

What happens if you exceed MOD because of ppO2 on this computer? Does it just give you a mandatory deco stop or will it lock you out?

I was under the supervision of a dive instructor who was comfortable with 1.6 max ppO2, and it was my first dive of the day, in case anyone is wondering.

thanks,
dave.

This past week I was doing some wall diving and discovered that my Uwatec Smart Tec will only let me set the max operating depth equal to 1.4 ppO2. I was planning to go to 135 ft on 30% Nitrox (1.52 ppO2), but the computer would only let me set it to 1.4 (121 ft). I stayed above 120 ft.because I wasn't sure what it would do if I exceeded 121,

What happens if you exceed MOD because of ppO2 on this computer? Does it just give you a mandatory deco stop or will it lock you out?

I was under the supervision of a dive instructor who was comfortable with 1.6 max ppO2, and it was my first dive of the day, in case anyone is wondering.

thanks,
dave.

Read you owners manual and figure it out for yourself.....Knowledge is power....I would suggest you know your BT capabilities before making the dive....

See Page 20

http://www.scubapro.com/media/af758916-90df-4254-a006-2f072f3915e7-smart_tec_eng.pdf

Page 1 is helpful too;
You must carefully read and understand this entire manual before using your Smart TEC.

You can adjust the ppO2 from 1.0 to 1.95 with the SmartTRAK software on your PC.

Fair enough - thanks.

I see you are a newer diver, a PPO2 of 1.6 is not the end of the world but you might want to do some research for yourself and not follow your instructors lead blindly. A PPO2 of 1.6 is widely accepted as the normal for the deco portion of a dive, NOT the working portion (when you're swimming around).

That is a crazy high PP02. I would recommend reviewing your training materials from your nitrox course. Be safe!

That is a crazy high PP02. I would recommend reviewing your training materials from your nitrox course. Be safe!

I would say "crazy high" is dramatizing it a little bit. High, but not crazy high :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom