UWATEC SmartTrak Crashes upon opening every time... PLEASE HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roderick80

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Good afternoon!

I'm really hoping someone out there can help me, since I've e-mailed ScubaPro/UWATEC three times and haven't received a response yet (???).

I recently purchased an Aladin Prime dive computer from my LDS with the hopes of downloading my dive logs onto my PC, and have been unable to run UWATEC's SmartTrak software. The program starts to launch, then crashes with a Windows error message that says "UWATEC SmartTRAK 2.0.5.00 has stopped working." I downloaded and installed the latest version off of ScubaPro's website onto my Windows 7 machine, seemingly without incident. The program crashes every time I try to launch it- I've never even made it so far as the program's home screen.

I've tried unstalling/reinstalling the software multiple times, tried installing by running as "Administrator," tried installing in Safe Mode, and tried installing in Windows XP compatibility mode to no avail.

Is anyone else having this issue??? Any thoughts on what I can do to fix it? I'm out of ideas... :idk:

Good afternoon!
I recently purchased an Aladin Prime dive computer from my LDS with the hopes of downloading my dive logs onto my PC, and have been unable to run UWATEC's SmartTrak software. The program starts to launch, then crashes with a Windows error message that says "UWATEC SmartTRAK 2.0.5.00 has stopped working." I downloaded and installed the latest version off of ScubaPro's website onto my Windows 7 machine, seemingly without incident. The program crashes every time I try to launch it- I've never even made it so far as the program's home screen.

It may be that the root of the problem is Win7 incompatibility, but see if this info from the SmartTrack help file is of any use to you.

Question 3: When I start SmartTRAK, I get an error message “Field ‘xxx’ not found.” and SmartTRAK terminates immediately.
Answer: SmartTRAK stores the name of the last opened logbook in the Windows registry for convenience and tries to open it when the program starts. If the logbook is corrupted, this kind of situation may happen. The solution for this problem is to remove or rename the logbook, which SmartTRAK tries to open. If you don’t know which one it is, then you can remove the registry setting for the logbook name. You can do this by starting SmartTRAK with the option –rml from a command prompt or from Windows Start menu selecting Run….
C:\Program Files\SmartTRAK\SmartTRAK –rml
After clearing the registry setting, do not try to open the logbook any more. Use a backup file instead, if available. Or create a new one.
All registry settings can be cleared with the option –rmr.
Note that, if you do this, all SmartTRAK window positions and sizes, dive profile background colours, units etc. will restore to factory default.
(c) 2001-2006 Copyright Uwatec AG

I'm running Win7 Ultimate and SmartTRAK 2.0500. I didn't use any compatibility options and it runs fine for me. Hopefully the registry edit MacLeod suggested will do the trick.

Thanks for the responses!! Unfortunately the registry edit didn't help :(

Apperently, the offending file is named KERNELBASE.dll I'm far from any kind of IT expert so I have no idea what any of this means.

Worst case scenario, can anyone recomend an alternate program that will work with my Aladin Prime?

Here's the error report that was sent to MSFT:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\SmartTRAK\SmartTRAK.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SmartTRAK.exe
Application Version: 2.0.5.0
Application Timestamp: 4a2d272e
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdaae
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 00009617
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5619
Additional Information 2: 56197b83865b398fd072bd79be8f0baa
Additional Information 3: 76c2
Additional Information 4: 76c28c88e3cf566d80e94e89a8daa9c4

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1476124683

Thanks Sven- tried running as administrator but the program still crashes :crash:

The default log data file may be corrupt (happened to me). Find demo.slg and delete (or rename) then try to fire it up again.

Best.

I had a similar issue and called directly to Uwatec USA in El Cajun talked to their support IT directly. They walked me through and were very helpful, had it up in a few moments.

TG

Thanks for all of the help everyone!! It's FIXED!!! :happy:

I started by re-naming the default log book and launching the program by double clicking on the log... It still crashed but I received an error message just prior to it crashing that said "invalid printer." With that clue I uninstalled/reinstalled my printer and now everything works just great!!

My suspicion is that SmartTrak tests your printer connection upon launching and if something isn't just right it crashes.

Thanks again everyone!!!! I owe you all a beer :shelli:

Glad you got it working. I don't currently have a printer connected and I do get a short message about it at the start of the application but it has never crashed. Thanks for the info on how you resolved the issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom